RIG VEDA – Download the free English PDF ebook of the complete Rig Veda here

The Rigveda, Rig Veda Download Free PDF ebook
Rig Veda Book – Download in English

Rig Veda or ‘Rigveda’ means praise/verse of knowledge. It is counted among the four canonical sacred texts of Hinduism known as the Vedas. The others are Yajur Veda or Yahurveda, Sama Veda and Atharva Veda. The Rig Veda is the oldest of them and it consists of 1,028 Vedic Sanskrit hymns and 10,600 verses in all, organized into ten books. Here the books are translated into English and collected in one PDF-file. We have a lot of other Hindu scriptures here on the site, do a search. Here is the first hymn from the Rig Veda:

HYMN I. Agni.
1 I Laud Agni, the chosen Priest, God, minister of sacrifice,
The hotar, lavishest of wealth.
2 Worthy is Agni to be praised by living as by ancient seers.
He shall bring. hitherward the Gods.
3 Through Agni man obtaineth wealth, yea, plenty waxing day by day,
Most rich in heroes, glorious.
4 Agni, the perfect sacrifice which thou encompassest about
Verily goeth to the Gods.
5 May Agni, sapient-minded Priest, truthful, most gloriously great,
The God, come hither with the Gods.
6 Whatever blessing, Agni, thou wilt grant unto thy worshipper,
That, Angiras, is indeed thy truth.
7 To thee, dispeller of the night, O Agni, day by day with prayer
Bringing thee reverence, we come
8 Ruler of sacrifices, guard of Law eternal, radiant One,
Increasing in thine own abode.
9 Be to us easy of approach, even as a father to his son:
Agni, be with us for our weal.

The Rig Veda
The Rig Veda is counted among the four canonical sacred texts of Hinduism known as the Vedas.
Written by: The Rishis, Ralph T.H. Griffith, Translator
Available in: Ebook

Download the PDF of the Rig Veda – 749 pages (PDF 3.81 MB) here:

PDFbook Rig Veda

Listen to the entire Rig Veda here – free audiobook:

Amazon booksBuy the print version here: The Rig Veda (Penguin Classics)

76 thoughts on “RIG VEDA – Download the free English PDF ebook of the complete Rig Veda here”

1. I need a sanskrit version typed with english or any indian language. Traslation part is tp understand. But recitation must be in sanskrit because those vibrations of the sanskrit letters gives us a complete harmony in emotional imbalances. I think you understand and give us sanskrit version. Thank you for whom so ever is managing this site.

• First of all watch your tongue.
      at least they are making it available for people to know about our tradition and might.
      What are you doing till now apart from calling people names you insolent piece.

2. I’m looking for old old picture drawing or plans for vimanas I would rather do the translation to make my own conclusion is the gods making these place rise in the air or do they do it under thier own power also a picture drawing or a primitive blueprint untranslated of this vorcec engine that might use mercury or something I would like to come to a conclusion if some body can help me. Thankyou: B Forsyth

3. The world technology is running by the india Vedas, bcuz for every technology dher is a perfect proofs in Vedas, nuclear power, testing baby, aeroplane, electronic gadgets etc..

4. Every scientific research basic is made my 4 Vedic rig Sam yedur adar Ana but foreigners was copied to build up but we provide real India we theee people greatest nuclear blasts in Mahabharata lord Krishna history the explained about nuclear power

5. Anyone interested in RGveda, should read “Soma -holy mushroom of immorality” as well.
    Its clearly explains its amanita msucaria mushroom, but you all can make your mind up yourself.

6. Ohm Namo Narayanaya Namo ,

My friends ,means all living beings . Hindu (Indus Civilization) or religion is the oldest religion in this world which was scientifically proved by the world by known scholars ,scientist and historians . Hindu religion consist of merely 33000 thousand god and godess or beyond . According to Hindu Religion we Consist Lord Shiva as Main God and Lord Skathi as Main Godess and the Trimurtis as Bhrama , Vishnu and Rudra as their wives as Saraswathi , Lekshmi and Pravathy .

We have scriptures as Vedas consist of four as Rig , Sama , Yajur , Atharva Vedas
    And also consist of Upavedas , Vedaganas , Upanished , Smirtis , Puranas , Ithias etc

My only request to all is just imagine who i am , where i am , who makes my body art and beyond.

7. dear sir

we would feel glad if it is felt comfortable to send me a free rigveda holy book duly
    translated in hindi or otherwise its cost.

thanking you

with regards

ravendra singh
    (jai jagat)

8. I am , excited at the prospect of reading this holy script. I am almost completed with the Gita . I was excellent , so good that I am encouraged to continue with my spiritual path .
    Hindus , who have children , young , consider this as a father , who knows that our holy scripts has all the required prayers that needs to be done for a free path for our children. I was not afforded that opportunity , even though my father was a hindu priest.
    Navi Pather

9. This site is excellent for the people who want to strive spiritual path, also by this common man got the chance to understand this ancient knowledge

10. Elyas, had any one invited u to participate n narrate ur islamic belief.we hindus a very human being respect n treat every creation of god as god itself. So a very sincere request if u dont ever put ur communal beliefs in between ours. Everything is god. Hope u undstand.n i m not a member of ths site so dont write me ur views

11. holybook.com has helped in relieving me from one of my biggest problem passion for reading vedas. i am very much thankful to the site for providing me such valuable guidence. Thanks a lot!!!!!

12. DEAR SIR,

I AM UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD RIGVEDHA FROM INTERNET PLEASE PROVIDE ME THE SOFT COPY AND SEND TO ABOVE MENTIONED EMAIL ID.

THANKS & REGARDS,
    M SAMEER.T

13. It is really a great chance to know about our vedas through ur site and i heartly thanks. But still i am unable to download the reg ved.